Friday 2 May 2014

Friday, May 2

You know it's going to be an amazing day when you see a woodpecker eating macaroni and cheese just outside your window (hence the dreadful quality of the picture).


My brother came to us unexpectedly and took me and the kids to Uldevena medieval castle in Lielvārde. And then he made me climb upstairs to the fortress wall. It's not climbing up that I fear, it's coming down. (I had to jump, I could not muster up the courage to get down the feeble-looking wooden ladder. My fearfulness frightens and amazes me. I am amazing that way.)






And then we went for a walk, saw a weird looking ship/barge/boat.


We bought a ball and went home to play some totally unfair version of football where there is only one goal-line and goalies have no possible chance of winning. But what do I care, the career of a goalkeeper has never really appealed to me, and I'm not interested on being on the losing side anyway.


So all in all, yes, an amazing day. Excitement 1: Boredom 0.
(Did I get any work done? No!)

No comments:

Post a Comment