Tuesday 8 July 2014

The Cold Spell is Over

We complained and whined for a month. We were infuriated when we learned that the the air temperature on Midsummer Night was lower than on Christmas Eve! (+6 C). I looked at all sorts of mould and mildew taking over my garden. I felt offended the plants I had devoted so much time to didn't want to grow.

It's all over now! The summer is back with a vengeance! It's 30 degrees outside for the second day running, while the river is still very cold and the water levels - dangerously high after the long rains.

Look at the dog! What's with the grin? Oh, that's not a grin, or at least - not just a grin! It's so hot we're feeding ice-cream to the dog! (Just a bit, and just this once.)



I'm swamped. For the first time in months I have more work than I can combine with 6 hours of sleep. I'm not complaining, though. I need to step up and earn twice as much and more. In addition to the twenty-something translation jobs I have to do till next Friday (including a Minecraft book and a dubbed cartoon - "Legends of Oz", no less!) I need to get to the university three times - once this week to submit the papers and twice next week - to pass the exam and to register for master's degree studies in clinical psychology.

But life goes on, kids and husband still need food, garden still needs looking after, dishes still need washing and laundry needs taking care of. And I wouldn't change a thing. That's what makes my summers so intense that I need the whole winter to get ready for the next one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p0E9urVs-2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your visit. I was interested to see that you like Moomin. I am just now reading the authorised biography Tove Jansson Life, Art, Words by Boel Westin. It was also helpful to hear that you need male and female plants of the Actinidia Kolomikta (it goes pink at the ends doesn't it) as I hope to grow one.

    ReplyDelete