Friday 4 July 2014

Mother's Pride

I'm a very proud mom today, I took the kids on a bike ride, and instead of the 14 kilometres we had hoped to conquer, we did 24. We had to overcome difficulties like roadworks and rain, and some brake trouble, and some quite heavy traffic (for our small town standards), but we got to a restaurant and had a magical meal - my boys and I. (Yes, it was payday today!) It was quite an expensive meal, too, but I feel we need to take kids to eat out from time to time so they know how to act in such situations. It's very hard for me, and I hardly ever do it, but I don't want to pass this shyness and self-consciousness to my kids.

It took us two and a half hours to ride those 24 kilometres, and we stopped to pick some wild strawberries and to rest on the way back, but I decided it would be better to go slow - Ralph gets tired and reluctant very easily - than not to go at all.







A marvellous day, and I'm sure tomorrow will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment